AACC helps SYCL members in the U.S. and Canada* participate in the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo by awarding SYCL Travel Grants. These need-based grants give preference to applicants who submit oral or written posters for presentation. SYCL Travel Grant winners receive up to $2,000 and complimentary registration to the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo.
*SYCL members in Canada are eligible for the SYCL Travel Grant during years when the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting is held in conjunction with the Canadian Society for Clinical Chemists.
- Must use the funds for domestic travel or travel to the U.S. from Canada only.
- Meets the criteria for SYCL membership (under the age of 40 or a student member of AACC).
- Demonstrates financial need to attend the annual scientific meeting.
- States the impact of the meeting on the applicant's career in laboratory medicine.
- List all contributions (abstracts and/or accepted proposals) of the applicant to the annual scientific meeting.
SYCL members who are also clinical laboratory scientists are strongly encouraged to apply.
Previous SYCL Domestic Travel Grant winners are not eligible to apply again.
Email your application to: [email protected] with the following items (note the weight of each item):
- A letter from the applicant including both a statement of financial need to attend the meeting (weighted 50%).
- A description of how the meeting will benefit their career (weighted 30%).
- A letter of support from a colleague or mentor describing the applicant's promise or potential impact in the field (weighted 20%).
- If applicable, include a copy of a submitted abstract and/or accepted proposal; preference will be given to those presenting at the meeting. Please submit only one abstract and/or accepted proposal for evaluation.
- A current Curriculum Vitae.
- Contact information: full address, email, phone.
If you have questions about the SYCL Domestic Travel Grant, please email [email protected] or call 800.892.1400 x8701 and 202.835.8701.
2022 SYCL Travel Grant Winners
Brook Andrews, PhD
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kentucky College of Medicine
Chemistry, Cleveland State University College of Sciences and Health Professions
Ibrahim Choucair, PhD, MSc
Laboratory Medicine, Yale School of Medicine
New Haven, CT
S.M. Touhidul Islam, PhD
Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Pathology and Immunology, Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
St. Louis, MO
Robert Maynard, PhD
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC
Heather Nelson, PhD
Pathology, University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT
Vishnu Samara, PhD
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
Diana Sery, MBA, MT(ASCP)
Mount Sinai Hospital of Queens
Kang Xiong-Hang, PhD
Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Hennepin County Medical Center