The American Association for Clinical Chemistry, Inc. (AACC) provides an accreditation program, Advances in Clinical Chemistry Education and New Technology (ACCENT®). AACC’s ACCENT® program is to assure and advance quality learning for clinical laboratory professionals that drives improvements in patient care.
The ACCENT® program gives clinical laboratory professionals access to valuable education and provides a system by which professionals can earn and document continuing education credits required by many states and organizations for state licensure and/or professional certification. ACCENT® credit is accepted in all states where documentation for continuing education is required, including the following states: California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Apply for ACCENT® Accreditation
Organizations that recognize ACCENT® credit:
- American Association of Bioanalysts
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry
- American Society of Microbiology
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- American Medical Technologists
- Association of Clinical Scientists
- International Federation of Clinical Chemistry
- National Registry in Clinical Chemistry
Continuing Education Accreditation for Program Organizers
AACC accredits providers to sponsor continuing education in clinical chemistry and other topics in clinical laboratory science. Applications to request ACCENT® continuing education credit for your upcoming activity is welcome. By having your activity accredited, you will:
- be recognized as a source of high-quality continuing education in clinical chemistry and related topics.
- receive valuable feedback on each of your programs through reports provided by AACC to then assist in creating a needs assessment for future education planning.
Learn how to apply for ACCENT® accreditation for your educational program or contact AACC at [email protected].