AACC's 20 Local Sections play an important role in the field by advocating for the interests of laboratory medicine professionals with state and local governments, and ensuring that local policymakers recognize that the voices and professional expertise of laboratorians are vital to improving patient outcomes.
Benefits of Local Section Membership
- Widen your circle of colleagues and contacts in your area.
- Develop new collaborations.
- Update your skillset through regional educational programs.
- Step into local section leadership roles, which are a primary path to association leadership.
- Earn recognition through local section awards programs.
- Promote greater public understanding of lab tests through science fairs.
How Do You Join a Local Section?
North American AACC members are automatically enrolled in a local section based on your zip code.
Find Your Local Section Below to Learn More
States/Countries Included in Section
New York Metro
New York Upstate
January 1- October 1, 2015
Strive for 25 is aLocal Section Membership Recruitment Challenge whereby local sections are asked to recruit 25 new members by October 1, 2015.
With your support, recruiting new members builds a stronger local network, more volunteers, and fresh ideas.
In addition, the local section that recruits 25 or more new members by October 1, 2015 will receive:
- Bronze Leaders (25 members)
A choice of selecting one of the following:
- $500 additional funds for 2016 educational programs
- A free Webinar for your Section – to be used by in late 2015 or 2016.
Silver Leaders (50+members)
Local Sections will receive BOTH the $500 additional funds and a free webinar to be used in either late 2015 or 2016.
Gold Scale Leader (Overall Winner)
The Local Section that recruits more than 50 members and reaches the most new members as a percentage of overall section size receives:
- $500 additional funds for educational programs
- A free webinar in either late 2015 or 2016
- A choice of up to an additional $1,000 to cover the cost of a speaker or dinner event for their local section.
To participate, distribute a Join AACC flyer to a colleague and share the exclusive benefits of an AACC membership. Remember to include your name on the flyer so you and your local section can receive credit for the referral.
Together, we can Strive for 25
Thank you for your support!
Questions? Contact your Local Section Leadership for assistance at https://www.aacc.org/community/local-sections, then select your Local Section and click on Leadership.