U.S. visa policy permits citizens of certain countries to travel to the U.S. without a visa, when they meet certain requirements, under U.S. laws. For information, visit the Visa Waiver Program website.
If you live in a country that requires a visa to visit the Unites States, please review the helpful information on the following websites:
If you need a Visa we urge to apply for one as early as possible.
- Apply at the appropriate location at least 5 months before intended travel.
- Check on-line for the wait times for appointments.
- Be accurate and specific in completing your application. Avoid mistakes. If needed, attach an explanation letter.
- Attach evidence of your previous visits to the United States.
- Attach evidence of your intended return trip to your home country.
- Acquire a police clearance, if possible.
- Bring all documentation proving your home country connections. Suggestions include:
- past visas
- bank accounts
- professional position
- home ownership
- marriage license
- If appropriate, bring copies of correspondence confirming you are
- presenting a paper
- speaking at the meeting
- receiving and award or grant
- Bring your letter of invitation from AACC.
Entry to the U.S.
A Visa only allows you to travel to the United States. You will still have to be admitted at your point of entry. Please visit the following websites for more information:
Be prepared to allow inkless fingerprinting and digital photographs upon entry to the U.S.