AACC's CPOCT Research Grant supports point-of-care testing outcome studies. Funded by AACC's Critical and Point of Care Testing Division, this $5,000 grant is particularly intended for clinical laboratorians who need limited research funds to explore new ideas in areas where funds are not normally available.
Applications for Critical and Point-of-Care Testing Research Grants are considered on:
- Scientific significance
- Soundness of research plan
- Degree of achievability
- Potential for the project to lead to further exploration beyond grant period
- Transferability of research findings to actual practice
- Degree to which the research proposal is critical to the career of the applicant
- Degree to which AACC funding is critical to the start of the project
- Adequacy of the facility proposed
- Satisfactory budget.