Original equipment manufacturers (OEM)—companies that make products that are part of another company’s end product—play an important role in the in vitro diagnostics industry, and are active and visible at AACC’s Annual Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo. In addition to exhibiting at the Expo, several companies will be participating in the OEM Lecture Series, free presentations given right in the heart of Atlanta’s Georgia World Convention Center Exhibit Hall, Theater 2.
All of this year’s OEM Lecture Series presentations are taking place on July 28, in convenient 20-minute sessions. The nine lectures cover the gamut from medical apps (Stratos) and biomarker information analysis (Amplicon) to advancements in autoimmune diagnostics (Aesku Systems) and fungal disease testing (Dynamiker Biotechnology). OEM lectures also address sample-specific interferences (Anteo Technologies), rapid vertical flow technology (MedMira), smartphone readers for diagnostics (ALFA Scientific Designs), and one-step gene testing without nucleic acid amplification (Coyote Bioscience). Finally, IDEX Health & Science will make a presentation.
In addition to the company-sponsored presentations, the Health Industry Distributors Association (HIDA) will be sponsoring an hour-long session, “Distributor Executive Perspectives – New Realities in the Laboratory and Diagnostics Market,” with industry insiders discussing key supply chain questions currently facing lab and diagnostics providers, including:
- How is distribution adapting to changing lab provider needs?
- How is consolidation among both providers and distributors impacting the lab market?
- How can distribution help manufacturers reach diverse diagnostics markets, including reference facilities, physician office labs, and hospital laboratories?
- How do distributors expect testing locations and volume to shift as a result of healthcare reform?
- What do the most effective manufacturer partners do to get sales support from distributors to reach lab/diagnostics markets?
Speakers for this session include: HIDA’s Executive Vice President Ian Fardy; Donna Gardiner, director of sales for the Eastern U.S. clinical lab team at healthcare products and services distributor Henry Schein; Tim Smith, director of corporate sales for LABSCO; and (invited) Doug Shaver, senior vice president and general manager for laboratory business at McKesson Medical-Surgical.
The collected wisdom and insights from such industry insiders translates into a must-see event. OEM workshops are free to Annual Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo attendees.