AACC helps SYCL members in the US participate in its Annual Meeting by awarding SYCL Domestic Travel Grants. These need-based grants give preference to applicants who submit oral or written posters for presentation. SYCL Domestic Travel Grant winners receive a cash award of $2,000.
The 2013 SYCL Travel Grants were made possible, in part, by donations from Kerri Weinert, the Chicago, Ohio Valley, Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountain, and Southeast Local Sections. Many thanks for contributing towards these 2013 grants.
Criteria for the SYCL Travel Grants
The applicant must:
- Use the funds for domestic travel only.
- Meet the criteria for SYCL membership (under the age of 40 or a student member of AACC).
- Demonstrate financial need to attend the annual meeting.
- State the impact of the meeting on the applicant's career in laboratory medicine.
- List all contributions (abstracts and/or accepted proposals) of the applicant to the annual meeting.
Note: Previous SYCL Domestic Travel Grant winners are not eligible to apply again.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following supporting information: (See below for the relative weight of each item)
- A letter from the applicant including both a statement of financial need to attend the meeting (weighted 50%) and a description of how the meeting will be of benefit to their career (weighted 30%).
- A letter of support from a colleague or mentor describing the applicant's promise or potential impact in the field (weighted 20%).
- If applicable, include a copy of a submitted abstract and/or accepted proposal; preference will be given to those presenting at the meeting. Please submit only one abstract and/or accepted proposal for evaluation.
- A current copy of your Curriculum Vitae.
- Applicant's complete contact information, including: address, email, phone and fax numbers.
- Submit applications via email by March 1 to: email@example.com.
If you have questions about the SYCL Domestic Travel Grant, please contact Membership & Awards Coordinator, April Gascon, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 892-1400 x 1701 or (202) 835-8701.