September 30–October 2, 2020
DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The demand for POCT and diagnostics is increasing rapidly around the world due to the emergence of new products with advanced technologies with higher accuracies, connectivity, increasing adoption in many health care settings, and demand for the need for rapid diagnosis.
The 2020 AACC International CPOCT Symposium will showcase many exciting and emerging technologies in various disease diagnostics and management. It will also cover the current pressing issues of regulatory requirements and evidence-based clinical governance on the existing technologies. The Symposium includes a dedicated session on the role of artificial intelligence, precision medicine, and IT-based advances in POCT, that explores cybersecurity threats and trends.
With over two and a half days in Montreal, Canada, you will have plenty of opportunities to learn, educate, have fun, and network with interdisciplinary experts and peers in both academia and industry from all over the world. The Symposium promises to deliver stimulating discussions on the latest science and cutting-edge technological advances through scientific sessions, a keynote lecture, panel discussions, and industry show and tell.
Registration fee includes electronic conference materials, breakfasts, lunches, and evening receptions.
At the conclusion of this symposium, participants will be able to
- Understand the emerging state of the art developing the technologies and its major challenges for Point of Care Testing.
- Identify future roles of these technologies in various health care settings and disease management.
- Recognize the role of precision medicine, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity threats in point of care settings.
- Evaluate overall regulatory, approval and validation processes for POCT devices in USA, Canada and Europe and its approval process by regulatory agencies.
- Describe how POCT support value-based care and evidence of supporting their clinical utility.
Who Should Attend
- Laboratory management professionals (administrators, directors, managers and supervisors)
- Point of care professionals
- Clinical pathologists
- Nursing staff
- Diagnostic industry research, development, sales, and marketing professionals
- Regulatory personnel
Need to convince your boss you should attend? Download this helpful letter template (pdf | doc)
This signature AACC meeting will look at practical and promising applications of point-of-care testing for clinical decision making.
Abstracts are invited by June 10, 2020 in the following areas:
- Direct-to-consumer testing
- New and emerging technologies
- Outcome based POCT testing in various healthcare settings
- POCT and molecular diagnostics, microbiology, and toxicology
- POCT for emergency preparedness and resource limited settings
- POCT for infectious disease, chronic and acute disease management
- Practical applications of POCT: Data driven solutions for improved outcomes