September 30–October 2, 2020
DoubleTree by Hilton Montreal
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
AACC is closely monitoring developments with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and is committed to a safe and productive meeting. Learn more about how we're preparing.
The demand for POCT and diagnostics is increasing rapidly around the world due to the emergence of new products with advanced technologies with higher accuracies, connectivity, increasing adoption in many health care settings, and demand for the need for rapid diagnosis.
The 2020 AACC International CPOCT Symposium will showcase many exciting and emerging technologies in various disease diagnostics and management. It will also cover the current pressing issues of regulatory requirements and evidence-based clinical governance on the existing technologies. The Symposium includes a dedicated session on the role of artificial intelligence, precision medicine, and IT-based advances in POCT, that explores cybersecurity threats and trends.
With over two and a half days in Montreal, Canada, you will have plenty of opportunities to learn, educate, have fun, and network with interdisciplinary experts and peers from all over the world. The Symposium promises to deliver stimulating discussions on the latest science and cutting-edge technological advances through scientific sessions, a keynote lecture, panel discussions, and interactive sessions.
Registration fee includes electronic conference materials, breakfasts, lunches, and evening receptions.
At the conclusion of this symposium, participants will be able to
- Summarize the emerging technologies of POCT and its significant challenges
- Identify future roles of POC technologies in various health care settings and disease management
- Recognize the role of precision medicine, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity threats in point of care settings
- Evaluate the overall regulatory, approval, and validation processes for POCT devices in the USA, Canada and Europe
- Describe how POCT supports value-based care and evidence-based medicine
Who Should Attend
- Laboratory management professionals (administrators, directors, managers and supervisors)
- Point of care professionals
- Clinical pathologists
- Nursing staff
- Regulatory personnel
Need to convince your boss you should attend? Download this helpful letter template (pdf | doc)
This signature AACC meeting will look at practical and promising applications of point-of-care testing for clinical decision making.
Abstracts are invited by June 10, 2020 in the following areas:
- Direct-to-consumer testing
- New and emerging technologies
- Outcome based POCT testing in various healthcare settings
- POCT and molecular diagnostics, microbiology, and toxicology
- POCT for emergency preparedness and resource limited settings
- POCT for infectious disease, chronic and acute disease management
- Practical applications of POCT: Data driven solutions for improved outcomes