Speakers will be able to enhance their presentations at the 70th AACC Annual Scientific Meeting using FXP | touch, the audience engagement technology. This easy to use mobile device-based system enables you to interact with the audience while also allowing the audience to interact amongst themselves with polling, note taking, and other great tools.
To get started using FXP | touch:
LIVE WEBINAR TRAINING SESSIONS
Live webinar training sessions will be provided to help you build your presentation with FXP | touch. Your participation in one of these training sessions is highly recommended.
What you will learn:
- How to use FXP | touch tools and features (the webinar will be interactive)
- How to obtain and interpret data and analytics
- How to insert FXP | touch slides into your presentation
- How FXP | touch can enhance your presentation
- Best practices when using FXP | touch
Hosts: Andrew Kantner, Freeman AV and Shannon Whitney, AACC
Wednesday, May 23 at 10 a.m. EDT - Add to Calendar
Join WebEx meeting
Meeting number: 591 862 861
Meeting password: ZbkNb476
Wednesday, May 23 at 4 p.m. EDT - Add to Calendar
Join WebEx meeting
Meeting number: 598 013 415
Meeting password: EhFpP324
Join by phone
Call-in toll-free number (Premiere): 1-866-546-3377 (US)
Call-in number (Premiere): 1-605-475-5619 (US)
View global numbers
Audio Passcode: 666733
Having trouble logging into the webinar? View detailed instructions on how to join a WebEx meeting.
On-demand FXP | touch training sessions:
If you can't attend one of the live webinars, you can watch a recording of one of the training sessions held earlier this spring:
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL RESOURCES
The following resources on FXP | touch are also available:
AACC (FXP | touch) Webinar Presentation slide deck - view the presentation slides from the webinar.
AACC (FXP | touch) Template slide deck - view examples of all the interactions you can use and copy any of them into your presentation.
A short video with helpful FXP | touch best practices for presenters.
CREATING YOUR PRESENTATION FOR FXP | TOUCH
Creating your presentation for FXP | touch is easy. Simply create the deck as you normally would with PowerPoint or Keynote, keeping the following differences in mind:
- Make sure presentations can be resaved as PDFs. In order for FXP | touch to interact in real time with all attendee devices, presentations must be loaded into the system as PDFs. Therefore, please note that while animations, complex transitions, or embedded videos will display normally through your presentation, they will not show in the FXP | touch attendee devices. If possible, please create your presentation without these animations, complex transitions, or embedded videos.
- To get the build effect, split animated lists across multiple slides. If you have lists that you would normally build using animations, you can split your builds across multiple slides and the FXP | touch system will play them in one seamless build.
- Provide videos separately. If you would like to include videos in your presentation, please provide the source content and we will provide the equipment to seamlessly play your videos.
MAKING YOUR PRESENTATION INTERACTIVE
Check out the AACC (FXP | touch) Template slide deck to see example slides for each of the different participant interactions available through the FXP | touch system.
To include these interactions in your presentation, simply copy and paste the template example slides into your PowerPoint and customize with your questions and information (one question per slide). We’ll do the rest.
Testing Your Presentation
Optional: If you want to test your presentation, send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as it is ready with interactions. You will then be provided with a practice link to test and interact with your slides in FXP | touch.
A few additional tips and notes:
- Be sure to place the interaction slides in the order in which you want them to appear in your presentation.
- If you want the same interaction for multiple slides, copy and paste the template slide to each place that you want it in your presentation.
- There is no limit to the number of interactive slides you can use.
- To keep participants engaged in your talk, we recommend including slides that prompt audience interaction every 5 to 7 slides.
- Be sure to build in enough time for the interactions in your presentation.
The Speaker Ready Room at the McCormick Place Chicago convention center will be located in room S404.
Speaker Ready Room hours:
- Saturday, July 28: 12 - 5 p.m.
- Sunday, July 29: 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 30: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 31: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 1: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday, August 2: 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Additionally, every speaker using FXP | touch will have an operator in attendance at his or her session.
MORE ON ACTIVE LEARNING
Using an audience response system such as FXP | touch is just one way to involve attendees in your presentation. If you’d like to find out more about other active learning techniques and how you can use them to boost knowledge retention in your session, check out the resources below:
Feel free to use your imagination when thinking up fun activities or formats that will engage the audience.