The Global Lab Quality Initiative (GLQI) partners with national societies to improve the quality of laboratory testing worldwide. The program includes the following:
- Workshops in quality control and method verification topics in the Latin America and Caribbean, sub-Saharan Africa, and Asia-Pacific regions in close collaboration with clinical chemistry associations.
- Newborn Screening Program that provides a platform for laboratory professionals and policymakers outside the U.S. to discuss newborn screening for biomedical genetic disorders, covering the technical and regulatory requirements for a successful newborn screening program.
- Webinars in Spanish that are available to watch on-demand.
These projects are generously supported by the Wallace H. Coulter Foundation (WHCF).
GLQI PROJECT TEAMS
AACC has several working groups devoted to providing critical advice and oversight in the planning and implementation of international educational projects:
- Africa Working Group (AWG): Dr. Olajumoke Oladipo (Chair)
- Asia-Pacific Working Group (APWG): Dr. Victoria Zhang (Chair)
- Latin American Working Group (LAWG): Dr. Rosa Amor-Sierra (Chair)
- Newborn Screening Program: Dr. Michael Bennett (Lead)
AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo
The AACC Annual Scientific Meeting offers several opportunities to connect with global leaders in laboratory medicine from around the world. Learn more at meeting.aacc.org.
If you have questions about AACC’s international activities, please write to us here.