Continuing Education for Professionals
AACC offers a wide variety of programs to meet your continuing education needs. Two types of credit are available:
ACCENT® - For Clinical Laboratory Professionals
ACCENT® credit is for laboratory professionals who need to document their continuing education for licensure or certification maintenance.
ACCENT® credit accepted in all states where documentation for continuing education is required, including the following states: California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Organizations that recognize ACCENT® credit:
- American Association of Bioanalysts
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry
- American Society of Microbiology
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- American Medical Technologists
- Association of Clinical Scientists
- International Federation of Clinical Chemistry
- National Registry in Clinical Chemistry
Continuing Medical Education (CME) – For Physicians
AACC is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Physicians can claim credits from many AACC programs to fulfill their Part II (Life-Long Learning) Maintenance of Certification requirements.
Opportunities For Earning Continuing Education Credit:
Completing Online Evaluation Forms and Printing Continuing Education Certificates
Continuing Education Accreditation for Program Organizers
The AACC Education Department welcomes applications to request continuing education credit for your upcoming activity. By having your activity accredited, you will:
- be recognized as a source of high-quality continuing education in clinical chemistry and related topics.
- receive valuable feedback on each of your programs through reports provided by AACC.
- have access to online needs assessment data to help you identify topics and speakers for future programs (available only to registered providers).
For application information, click on the links below.
- ACCENT® Guidelines and Application Forms
- CME Guidelines and Application Forms