There are two award categories in which a Division may be recognized for their achievement(s). A Division may be nominated for one or both categories, however, if the Division selected is nominated in both categories, it may only receive one award in the area that the review committee thinks best represents the Division’s achievement.
1st Category: Scientific Innovation
An initiative or initiative(s) that a Division undertakes over the course of a calendar year that falls in one of these areas:
- Strengthening the knowledge of laboratory science and technology
- Raising awareness of laboratory medicine values
- Developing resources to advance laboratory medicine
- Promoting better laboratory practice in a specific area of the Division’s specialty
- Collaborating with other organizations to promote the role of the lab and lab professionals in the broader healthcare system
2nd Category: Operational Excellence
A Division took steps to improve their operation and processes to achieve significant improvements over the calendar year in the following areas:
- Artery activity
- Program attendance
- Number of programs
- Mentorship for young members
Nominate a Division
Deadline: February 15, 2019
Any AACC member with an active membership may submit a nomination for his or her own Division or another Division. Division membership is not required to submit a nomination.
All nominations will be reviewed by AACC’s Science and Practice Core Committee.