The POCT Coordinator Award is given annually to recognize outstanding achievements in the POCT field by persons who are primarily responsible for a given institution’s POCT program. The award is not limited to persons or programs within the United States. Selection is made by the Awards Committee of the AACC Critical and Point-of-Care Testing Division and is based on the extent of the nominee’s responsibilities and accomplishments, particularly the impact this person has made in improving the quality of the POCT program at their facility.
POCT Coordinator or equivalent for at least 12 months (Coordinator in job title is not required!)
POCT program must have passed an inspection from an outside accrediting agency during the nominee’s tenure.
Three letters of recommendation from among the following:
- POCT Director/ Laboratory Director.
- Nursing Administrator/Director.
- Non-Lab Medical Director using POCT testing.
- Nurse Manager or other RN involved in the program.
- Nominator (may be vendor or other manufacturing representative)
Selection of the POCT Coordinator of the Year will be based upon the scope of the nominee’s responsibilities, as well as, the achievement of a positive impact on POCT at their facility. Therefore, letters of recommendation should address the following, where applicable, as they apply to the nominee:
- A summary of QA or PI activities which demonstrate the impact the applicant has made on quality of POCT.
- A summary of any special projects or programs designed and implemented by the nominee.
- Describe how the nominee enhances, or has improved, inter-departmental communication.
- Summarize nominee’s activities which have addressed/improved patient outcomes.
- How QC has been facilitated
- Other notable POCT accomplishments (e.g., invited presentations, publications, abstracts, roundtable, workshops, etc.).
All letters should include the name and contact information for person submitting the letter.
Please complete the application answering all questions. Compile with supporting letters and other documentation into one document and email to the AACC CPOCT Division at email@example.com. The completed packet must be received by April 15 to be considered for the current year award.