Learn more about:
Through an annual awards program, AACC Academy recognizes achievements among our fellows who have made significant contributions to the field of laboratory medicine. AACC Academy is now accepting nominations for the following awards for 2020.
How to Submit a Nomination
If you would like to nominate a colleague for one of these awards, please submit a nomination package containing the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter containing an evaluation and appraisal of the nominee's accomplishments related to the award.
- Three to five letters of support detailing the nominee’s accomplishments related to the award.
- The nominee's curriculum vitae.
- A list of the nominee's publications and patents if applicable (this information may be included in the curriculum vitae).
- For the AACC Academy Award for Outstanding Contributions to Clinical Chemistry in a Selected Area of Research, the nomination letter must include a list of the nominee's most important publications [maximum of ten]. The nominee's CV should also include the full list of the nominee's publications or patents.
Incomplete nomination packages will not be considered.
Who can submit a nomination?
Any Academy Fellow, AACC member, or group of members (such as a local section, division, or committee) may submit award nominations.
Can I nominate someone who has already received an AACC or AACC Academy award?
Previous AACC or AACC Academy award recipients may be nominated for an additional award if the candidate has made significant contributions in a different area that warrant such consideration.
Who is not eligible for an AACC Academy award?
Members of the Academy's Awards Committee are not eligible for an AACC Academy award during their tenure on the committee.
When does AACC Academy select award recipients?
The AACC Academy Awards Committee reviews all nominations and selects award recipients in February of each year. Those who nominated individuals who were not selected will be notified shortly thereafter; however, individuals who wrote letters of support will not be notified.
In addition to recognizing major contributions to laboratory medicine through the AACC Academy awards, the Academy also recognizes exceptional scientific abstracts in the field. Each year, a group of Academy fellows reviews the abstracts submitted to the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo and selects several for distinction.
Award and Distinguished Abstracts Winners
AACC Academy Membership Meeting and Annual Awards Luncheon
Information about the 2020 AACC Academy Membership Meeting and Annual Awards Luncheon will be available in early 2020.