This infobase should meet the management
needs of an entire laboratory medicine department.This product builds on
previous editions of the Laboratory Methods Infobase to include even more
topics, text, and figures.
Included in Version 5.1:
- Enlarged Methods section
- Expanded Interpretation section has been
hyperlinked to appropriate methods
- 117 management forms in English and
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is on-board for increase ease of formatting and modifying any one of the 117 management
- Audio files of glossary terms for accurate pronunciation
- Runs on Windows 98
The manual describes some 200 clinical
chemistry and toxicology tests in complete detail, using the same format as the
reference text Methods in Clinical Chemistry. It also contains a complete
discussion of Urinalysis, with at least 60 color pictures. The Hematology section includes a complete discussion
of the most common automated hematology laboratory tests. The Cytopathology
section describes the most common tests for this discipline including specimen
collection techniques, preparation of the sample and staining techniques.
The Reference Guide to Laboratory Tests
provides a brief description of the 1000 most common tests including specimen
required, estimate of turnaround time, and interpretation. This is supplemented
by hyperlinks to the more extensive information in the Laboratory Methods
section of the infobase. A section on phlebotomy and specimen collection provides a detailed description of these
procedures for chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology, toxicology, and
virology analysis. A toxicology database describes the structure and toxic
characteristics of the 500 most toxic compounds encountered by a
What can be done with the infobase:
- Annotate and modify any portion of the entire infobase, including ANY of the method procedures or forms, to conform
to the exact needs of your laboratory and institution. Multiple users
can make their own notes directly on the infobase and save them as personal
- Sort and print modified forms.
- Instantly access all parts of the
infobase via hypertext links.
- Rapidly retrieve specific information
from the infobase using the sophisticated FolioViews? search engine.
Pesce Kaplan Publishers' CD ROM products
use the highly-acclaimed FolioViews search engine, which runs on Microsoft
Windows 95 or higher operating system. All the software necessary to run the
infobase itself is included on the CD ROM.
- Pentium or higher CPU
- WIndows 95 or higher operating
- 4MB RAM, 8 MB preferred
- VGA video, SVGA preferred
- Double-speed or faster CD ROM drive
- Hard disk with minimum of 1MB available
- Windows True Type compatible printer,
preferably a laser printer