Meet the learning needs of today's students with a brand-new style of textbook-designed to excite your students' interest in clinical chemistry! Organized almost entirely around organ systems-to parallel the way physicians order tests-this groundbreaking text teaches the concepts and principles of clinical chemistry through realistic situations and scenarios. By integrating pathophysiology, biochemistry, and analytical chemistry for each major system, students clearly see the relevance of what they are learning to their future careers. This practical approach encourages them to apply theoretical principles in the laboratory and to develop important critical-thinking skills.
Key features include:
- Realistic, laboratory-based "Case Scenarios" and "Case Scenario Follow-ups" break the content into easy-to-understand pieces.
- "Common Sense Check" boxes highlight often simple, but important concepts invaluable to performing quality laboratory testing.
- "Test Methodology" boxes summarize preanalytical, analytical, and postanalytical aspects of laboratory tests
- "Clinical Correlation" sidebars connect theoretical concepts to clinical practice.
- The "Team Approach" sidebars explain how other members of the health care team interact with the lab.
- Thought-provoking questions and objectives guide students through each topic and help them to develop logical thought processes and critical thinking skills.