Khushbu Patel, PhD
The 2018 General Research Grant was awarded to Khushbu Patel, PhD, Assistant Professor, Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, for her project entitled "Validation of microRNA 323-3p as a Predictor of Ectopic Pregnancy.”
AACC provides a small start-up grant targeted to young investigators who need limited research funds to explore new ideas in areas where funds are not normally available.
Applications are due by December 31 for projects starting after April 1 of the following year.
How to Apply
Complete the Application for Research Grant.
Applications will be evaluated using the following scientific criteria:
- Scientific significance;
- Soundness of research plan;
- Degree of achievability;
- Potential for the project to lead to further exploration beyond grant period; and
- Transferability of research findings to actual practice.
Administrative criteria used will include:
- Degree to which the research proposal is critical to the career of the applicant;
- Degree to which AACC funding is critical to the start of the project;
- Adequacy of the facility proposed; and
- Satisfactory budget.
Preference for research grants will be given to young investigators.
Submit one electronic copy of your application to email@example.com.
Questions? If you have questions about the General Research Grant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 892-1400 x 8713 or (202) 835-8713.