Tuesday, July 31
Tumor Markers and Cancer Diagnostics Division Poster Walk Tour
McCormick Place Convention Center
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
This tour will be led by Martin Fleisher, PhD and Lakshmi Ramanathan, PhD. Participants should meet walk hosts in the Grand Concourse Lobby on Level 3 of McCormick Place South.
Joint Mixer of the Clinical and Diagnostic Immunology and Tumor Markers and Cancer Diagnostics Divisions
Marriott Marquis Chicago, Daniel Burnham A/B
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Planned Events and Activities for 2017
At the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo:
- The Tumor Markers and Cancer Diagnostics Division will hold an educational symposium or lecture, potentially in collaboration with other AACC divisions.
- The best abstract presented in the field of tumor markers and a second abstract in the field of cancer diagnostics will be selected by the division for a cash award of $250. The judging will be conducted initially by the founding members followed by an appointed committee.
- Division members will conduct a poster walk to meet young scientists and clinical chemists who are presenting abstracts at the conference.
Additional activities will include:
- Creating a division-specific group on AACC Artery to help foster communication and collaboration with others in the area of tumor markers and cancer diagnostics.
- Distributing an annual newsletter outlining the activities of the past year to all division members.
Establishing a research grant worth $5,000 to fund studies in tumor marker and cancer diagnostics after permanent division status has been granted. This grant will be targeted to clinical laboratorians who need limited research funds to explore new ideas in areas where funds are not normally available. The awardee will be selected by the founding members initially and then by an appointed committee.