The Annual Meeting Organizing Committee (AMOC) for the 2021 AACC Annual Scientific Meeting invites you to submit high quality, innovative proposals for educational sessions at the meeting. We strongly encourage sessions that not only present the latest cutting-edge science for laboratory professionals, but that also use engaging learning formats.
Submission Instructions Submission Site
Timeline at a Glance
- Session submissions are open from September 14 – November 4, 2020
- Session acceptance notices will be sent mid-February 2021
- The 2021 AACC Annual Scientific Meeting will be held from July 25-29, 2021
- Materials. Submitters are highly encouraged to review How to Submit before proceeding with your proposal submission.
- Online submissions. All proposals must be submitted online prior to 5 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on November 4, 2020 to be considered.
- Membership. You do not need to be an AACC member to submit a proposal for the 2021 AACC Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Authorship. Authorship on multiple proposals is permitted.
- Accreditation. The AACC Annual Scientific Meeting is an ACCME and ACCENT accredited program, which means that all proposals must be educational in nature and must not promote commercial interests. Faculty (moderators or speakers) who are involved in both ACCENT- and CME-accredited activities must meet the ACCME requirements and abide by the standards of commercial support. See How to Submit for more details.
- Disclosures. All moderators and speakers are required to submit conflict-of-interest disclosures for a proposal to be considered.
There are three types of educational sessions that you may submit for at this time.
- AACC University Courses – A 3- or 6-hour educational workshop that is interactive by design and includes a moderator and typically two to four additional speakers. Expected audience size for these courses is approximately 30-50 participants. Courses will take place on Sunday, July 25, 2021.
- Roundtable Sessions – A 1-hour, hands-on session delivered by a single moderator for an audience of up to 10 participants. Each Roundtable Session is delivered twice (in a morning and mid-day session). Handout materials and a high level of engagement are encouraged. Roundtables will take place July 26-28, 2021.
- Scientific Sessions – Scientific sessions are the core component of the annual meeting. Sessions are submitted as 1.5- or 2.5-hour sessions with a moderator and typically two to three additional speakers. Scientific sessions may vary in education format and style. A focus on interactive education and the latest and/or unpublished research is strongly encouraged. Scientific Sessions will take place July 26-29, 2021.
Submissions on all aspects of laboratory medicine are welcome and will be categorized under the following broad topics. Please select from this list of topics during submission. Full topic descriptions can be found in How to Submit.
- Analytic Techniques and Applications
- Data Analytics and Informatics
- General Clinical Chemistry
- Hematology and Coagulation
- Laboratory Management and Leadership
- Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Laboratory Stewardship and Patient Safety
- Preanalytical and Postanalytical
- Precision Medicine
- Special Patient Populations
- Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
Completed proposals are reviewed and evaluated by the AMOC based on relevance, quality, and design. Acceptance of proposals is at the discretion of the AMOC. In the interests of providing a balanced educational program, the AMOC reserves the right to make modifications to proposals, which could include changing speakers, content, and/or session format.