All webinar times are in Eastern Time except where noted. Convert to your time zone.
This webinar program is brought to you by Sciex Diagnostics. The contents of this program were developed by Sciex Diagnostics, independently of AACC.
With its high specificity and sensitivity, laboratorians know liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) as the gold standard for quantifying small molecule drugs and drug metabolites. However, alternative matrices like hair and oral fluid present unique challenges. These can include interference peaks and chemical background that limits the ability to measure low concentrations. Even high-resolution mass spectrometry may face limitations, such as when interferences have the same mass as the target compound.
To deal with these problems, clinical laboratories are now using multistage fragmentation (MRM3) to improve sensitivity. This presentation will explain how MRM3 quantitation can improve the limit of quantitation down to 0.1 pg/mg of the metabolite 11-nor-9-Carboxy-THC in hair.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How you can reduce LC-MS/MS for sample prep with alternative matrices such as THC-COOH in hair
- How MRM3 increases efficiencies in chromatography
- How reducing the Limit of Quantification (LOQ) using MRM3 can improve chromatography quantification of THC-COOH
Holly McCall, PhD
Application Support Scientist, SCIEX
- Registration covers one phone line and one computer connection for the webinar.
- One day prior to the webinar, AACC will e-mail instructions to the registrant on how to participate.
AACC uses WebEx to conduct its webinars. To attend the webinar, you will need:
- A separate telephone line for the audio or a sound card and speakers
- A 56Kbps Internet connection or better
- Windows Users - Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7+, Netscape 8.1 or higher.
- Mac Users - Firefox 2, Safari 3.0 (Mac OS 10.4,10.5), Safari 2.0 (Mac OS 10.4) Safari 1.3 (Mac OS 10.3).
- Linux Users - Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7 or higher.
NOTE: The WebEx plug-in will not install if your browser has high security settings or you do not have administrative rights on your PC
To test your system, please try joining a test meeting prior to your webinar at: https://www.webex.com/lp/jointest.Once on the site, enter your name and email address and click "join."
Information for attendees outside of the United States
If you are outside of the U.S., we recommend that you listen to the webinar via your computer speakers. If for some reason the webinar is not being broadcast over your computer speakers, and you do have high-speed internet and a Skype* subscription on your computer, you can use Skype for the phone portion of the webinar as a way to avoid charges from your phone company. Just call in to the US number using Skype.
*If you do intend to use Skype, you also still need to access the computer portion of the webinar as described above. If you want to use Skype but do not have a subscription or would like more information, visit www.skype.com.