All webinar times are in Eastern Time except where noted. Convert to your time zone.
When performing laboratory assays or considering bringing in new ones, performing a health economic analysis on the new methods could help management with the decision process on the total cost vs benefit of new assays. This webinar will look at a Health Economic study performed on Procalcitonin, highlighting the most impactful components and value drivers and also review real-world examples of PCT-aided antibiotic therapy decisions that support the study.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to compare and contrast the costs and outcomes with PCT-aided antibiotic therapy decisions compared to standard care in specific published patient population studies
- How to summarize the most impactful cost components and value drivers of PCT testing
- How to analyze real-world examples of PCT-aided antibiotic therapy decisions from a pharmacy and laboratory perspective
Lotte Steuten, PhD
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Institute/University of Washington
Mike Broyles, BSPharm, PharmD
Director of Pharmacy and Laboratory Services
Five Rivers Medical Center, AR
- Registration covers one phone line and one computer connection for the webinar.
- One day prior to the webinar, AACC will e-mail instructions to the registrant on how to participate, including a phone number to call to listen to the audio portion of the webinar and a URL where you can log in for the visual portion of the webinar.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
AACC designates this activity for a maximum of 1.0 ACCENT® credit hours towards the AACC Clinical Chemist’s Recognition Award. AACC is an approved provider of continuing education (CE) for clinical laboratory scientists licensed in states that require documentation of CE, including California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and West Virginia. ACCENT® credit is also recognized by several organizations: AAB, ABCC, ACS, AMT, ASCLS, ASCP, ASM, CAP, IFCC, and NRCC.
AACC uses WebEx to conduct its webinars. To attend the webinar, you will need:
- A separate telephone line for the audio or a sound card and speakers
- A 56Kbps Internet connection or better
- Windows Users - Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7+, Netscape 8.1 or higher.
- Mac Users - Firefox 2, Safari 3.0 (Mac OS 10.4,10.5), Safari 2.0 (Mac OS 10.4) Safari 1.3 (Mac OS 10.3).
- Linux Users - Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7 or higher.
NOTE: The WebEx plug-in will not install if your browser has high security settings or you do not have administrative rights on your PC
To test your system, please try joining a test meeting prior to your webinar at: https://www.webex.com/lp/jointest. Once on the site, enter your name and email address and click "join."
Information for attendees outside of the United States
If you are outside of the U.S., we recommend that you listen to the webinar via your computer speakers. If for some reason the webinar is not being broadcast over your computer speakers, and you do have high-speed internet and a Skype* subscription on your computer, you can use Skype for the phone portion of the webinar as a way to avoid charges from your phone company. Just call in to the US number using Skype.
*If you do intend to use Skype, you also still need to access the computer portion of the webinar as described above. If you want to use Skype but do not have a subscription or would like more information, visit www.skype.com.