In this challenging case study series, participants work together to discover, through skillful questioning and analysis, the accurate diagnosis and treatment for real-life patient scenarios. The case study is revealed and discussed over a 5-day period.
Discovery: October 3-6, 2016 (24/7 online discussion)
- Over a 5-day period, information about the case is revealed through publication of patient history and reports, question prompts, and responses to learner inquiries.
- The case discussion takes place online using the chat, Q&A, and quiz functions of AACC’s Learning Management System.
Solution: October 7, 2016 (Webinar 2:00pm—2:45pm Eastern US Time.)
- In a live webinar following the discovery phase, the faculty host and guest expert review the case, explain various hypothesis, discuss the role of testing, and reveal the accurate diagnosis.
- Content from the online discussion and live webinar will be available for online access until December 2016.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
The AACC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The AACC designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ACCENT® credit hours
AACC designates this activity for a maximum of 3.0 ACCENT® credit hours towards the AACC Clinical Chemist’s Recognition Award. AACC is an approved provider of continuing education (CE) for clinical laboratory scientists licensed in states that require documentation of CE, including California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and West Virginia. ACCENT® credit is also recognized by several organizations: AAB, ABCC, ACS, AMT, ASCLS, ASCP, ASM, CAP, IFCC, and NRCC.
Open enrollment until December 1, 2016
Program Access from October 3--December 31, 2016
Registration $59 Member; $199 Non-member
- When you purchase a program on the AACC website, processing is immediate and the login information will be on your AACC Web Orders confirmation email.
- When you purchase the program over the telephone, order processing will take 3-4 business days. Access information will be emailed to you upon enrollment.
- When you purchase the program via US Post or fax, please allow 2 weeks for order processing.
- Didn’t receive your access information? Contact AACC Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-892-1400.
Internet Access and Browser Information
You must have Internet access and Internet browser software installed on your computer to view the e-learning materials in each case, as well as Adobe Reader. We recommend the following Internet browsers and browser settings.
- Internet Explore version 11 or higher
- Mozilla Firefox version 33 or higher
- Google Chrome version 36 or higher
- Apple Safari version 6 or higher
You will need speakers attached to your computer to hear audio files that may be associated with some of the materials in the case.
For best viewing, your screen resolution should be 1024 x 768 or higher
The Solution will be presented in a webinar using WebEx software. You’ll need:
- A separate telephone line for the audio or a sound card and speakers for your computer
- The WebEx plug-in will not install if your browser has high security settings or you do not have administrative rights on your PC.
- To test your system, try joining a test meeting prior to the webinar at: https://www.webex.com/lp/jointest. Once on the site, enter your name and email address and click "join."
Cancellations and refunds are not available for this program.