Wondering what the future of laboratory medicine holds for you and your lab? Join AACC and LabLeaders as we continue the popular LabLeaders 2016 Webinar Series with an exclusive opportunity for a glimpse of the future of laboratory medicine through the eyes of three aspiring lab leaders. They will team up to discuss the future of immunology, precision medicine, and big data as it relates to clinical lab.
Joe El-Khoury, PhD, DABCC, FACB
Assistant Professor of Laboratory Medicine
Yale University, New Haven, CT
Mark Marzinke, PhD, DABCC
Assistant Professor of Pathology and Medicine
John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Katie Thoren, PhD
Assistant Attending Clinical Chemist
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
After participating in this webinar, you should be able to:
- Recognize how precision medicine initiatives can drive therapy selection and reduce adverse effects.
- Discuss the current and future utility of pharmacogenetics in clinical settings.
- List the new noninvasive technologies, sample types and analytes that are currently being explored for diagnostic purposes.
- Discuss the potential opportunities and challenges presented by noninvasive technologies.
- Define big data and its role in the clinical laboratory.
- Discuss the potential applications, advantages and pitfalls of big data in laboratory medicine.
This webinar is intended for laboratory directors and managers; laboratory medicine physicians and pathologists; hospital administrators; and other health care professionals involved in clinical laboratory testing.