REGISTRATION FEES (Early-bird registration ends October 9)
- Early/Regular member: $399/$499
- Early/Regular non-member: $599/$699
- Early/Regular student: $299/$399
AACC's Emerging Clinical Diagnostics Conference gives clinical laboratorians and other health professionals a chance to review the advances of emerging technologies in diagnostic tools, and provide bioengineers with an arena to display and discuss their research.
The primary objective of this event is to provide a forum for evaluating analytical techniques and enabling technologies that will be commercialized in clinical labs within five years.
You’ll walk away from this conference with the ability to:
- Recognize opportunities for collaboration with scientists from non-clinical settings in development of advanced diagnostic tool
- Understand the role of translational medicine in healthcare
- Use precepts of translational medicine to optimize patient care when planning lab expansion/evolution
- Outline and predict the evolution of next-generation clinical laboratory platforms and
Who Should Attend
This conference is intended for R&D Directors, Group Leaders, and Scientists, Academic Researchers, Clinical Laboratory VPs and Directors, Bioengineers, IVD Industry Executives, Product Development Specialists, Technology Scouts, Venture Capitalists, Laboratory Scientists, Clinicians, Researchers, and Technology Developers involved or interested in Clinical Translational research.
Call for Abstracts
The AACC invites researchers to submit abstracts for presentation at the 2017 Emerging Clinical Diagnostics Conference. This is an exciting opportunity to share your research with international colleagues, network with experts, researchers, and up-and-coming leaders in the field who are actively aligning with advances in Clinical and Laboratory Diagnostics. The organizing committee will select abstracts for brief oral presentations. All abstracts on emerging technologies in the clinical diagnostics are welcome.
Investigators are encouraged to submit abstracts on all areas of new technology for the clinical laboratory. Suggested areas include, but are not limited to:
- Sequencing technologies for clinical diagnostics
- Cell-free DNA detection methods
- Circulating tumor cells isolation and characterization
- Integrating big data analytics with clinical diagnostics
- Novel microfluidic lab-on-a-chip technologies
- Novel detection and imaging technologies
- Mass spectrometry methods for clinical diagnostics
- Technologies for quantitative pathway mapping in tissues and cells
- Multiplex profiling technologies
- Technologies for infectious disease diagnostics
- Diagnostic Applications of Metabolomics
You MUST create an AACC account or log in to your existing account to submit an abstract. If you are having trouble creating an account, or if you have an account but have forgotten your password, please contact AACC's Customer Service Department at (202) 857-0717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstract Submission Close: Friday September, 8 2017
Submit Your Abstract
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com with your questions.
For information regarding corporate partnership opportunities, please contact Teresa Favero at AACC.
Supported, in part, by a grant from the Arnold O. and Mabel Beckman Foundation the foundation supports scientific conferences focused on the interface between laboratory medicine and clinical care, with the goal of facilitating communication and understanding among healthcare professionals involved in patient care.
Program (Preliminary: Speaker and topics subject to change.)
THURSDAY, November 9
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Keynote Presentation: Novel Microbiome Therapies and Diagnostics in Clinical Medicine
Lynn Bry, MD, PhD, Founder and Executive Director of The Madsci Network and Assistant Professor of Pathology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard
Session I: Advances in Next Generation Sequencing for Clinical Diagnostics
Session II: Emerging Diagnostic Technologies
FRIDAY, November 10
7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Session III: New Possibilities in Liquid Biopsy: Understanding Molecular Changes in Real Time
Session IV: Diagnostics and Big Data: Leading the Way in Precision Medicine
CLOSING REMARKS – Vincent Ricchuiti, PhD
End of Conference
- Vincent Ricchuiti, PhD (Conference Chair), Laboratory Director and Discipline Director Immunology, North-Central Regional Reference Laboratory LabCorp, Dublin Ohio
- Gerard Cangelosi, PhD, Professor of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, Adjunct Professor of Epidemiology and Global Health, University of Washington
- Lance Ladic, PhD, Director, Strategic Innovation, Siemens Healthineers
- Sunitha Nagrath, PhD, Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan
- Angelika Niemz, PhD, Beckman Professor and Director of Research, Keck Graduate Institute
Hotel & Travel
This conference will be held at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, California in the heart of downtown San Diego’s famous Gaslamp Quarter.
Make your hotel reservation as soon as possible by contacting the hotel (see below for contact information). Be sure to identify yourself as an attendee of the AACC Emerging Clinical Laboratory Diagnostics conference to receive the special rate of $219/night (plus tax, single or double occupancy). This rate is effective until October 10, 2017 or until the block of special-rate rooms is sold out.
Please make your reservations directly with the hotel by phone. Reservations made on other web sites may not receive the special rate!
Westin San Diego in San Diego, California
400 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 239-4500
This downtown hotel is approximately 2.5 miles or a 9 minute drive from San Diego International Airport (link to view directions).