Completely updated, the 4th edition of this classic
resource offers the current, comprehensive coverage of immunology you need to
stay on the cutting-edge of clinical laboratory science. It provides a solid
foundation of knowledge and skills to take you from basic immunologic mechanisms
and serologic concepts to the theory behind the procedures you'll perform in the
lab, including automated techniques. It also explores the medical applications
of clinical laboratory science, with information on disorders of infectious and
immunologic origin, as well as topics such as transplantation and tumor
immunology. Learning objectives, review questions, step-by-step procedures, and
case studies help you master key concepts and prepare you to succeed in today's
modern laboratory environment.
New to This Edition
- In addition to
completely updated content throughout, four new chapters on quality assurance
and quality control, basic serologic laboratory techniques, point-of-care
testing, and vaccines bring you the latest advances in the
- Expanded coverage of automated procedures and molecular
techniques keep you up to date on technology and research.
- A new
full-color insert serves as a vivid visual reference and helps you more easily
master complex concepts.
- A companion Evolve website offers online access to a
wealth of additional review questions, content updates, and web
- Author Mary Louise Turgeon, a leader in the
field of clinical laboratory science, shares with you her wealth of knowledge
and experience in this outstanding textbook.
- The book's two-color
design provides you with at-a-glance access to special features and vital
- In-depth chapter outlines prepare you for the material
you will be learning in each chapter and help you see how the topics flow and
connect to each other.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each
chapter allow you to set study goals and assess your progress as you move
through the textbook.
- Highlights at the end of every chapter summarize
the most important points you should take away from the
- Review questions help you assess and reinforce your
understanding of chapter content.
- Case studies in many of the chapters
allow you to see how key concepts apply to real-life
- Hands-on procedure coverage in many chapters offer detailed
descriptions of exactly what happens during every step of laboratory
- A convenient glossary of key terms in the back of the
book provides quick access to definitions for new or unfamiliar