Plenty of examples, practice problems, and learning tools provide the perfect math review for health professionals! With just the right level of content and highly illustrated example problems, this user-friendly worktext helps you learn and understand fundamental math principles and understand how they apply to patient care.
- UNIQUE! Full-color format highlights key information on setting up problems, understanding parts of equations, moving decimal points, and more.
- Spiral bound format with plenty of white space allows you to use the text as a workbook in which you can write your answers and work out problems.
- Consistent chapter formats make it easy to retain information and identify important content.
- Chapter objectives emphasize what you should learn from each chapter and how your knowledge applies to patient care.
- Key terms defined at the beginning of each chapter help you understand new vocabulary in the text.
- Chapter overviews introduce you to the topics discussed in the chapter.
- Example problems demonstrate and label each step to getting a solution and show you how to solve similar problems.
- Practice the Skill problems incorporated within the chapter for in-class discussion allow you to practice what you've learned before receiving homework assignments.
- Math in the Real World boxes include word problems that apply your knowledge to everyday life as well as common healthcare situations.
- Strategy boxes demonstrate the steps to solving topic problems and provide a helpful example for solving more problems.
- Human Error boxes include hints on common errors and show you how to double-check your answers.
- Math Etiquette boxes help you solve problems by presenting proper math rules.
- Chapter quizzes allow you to assess your learning and identify areas for further study.