Each year, the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo showcases scientific and technological advances and provides a forum for clinical laboratory professionals from across the globe to discuss practice issues and see in person the latest diagnostic testing instruments. But the meeting also celebrates AACC members, recognizing their achievements, and providing them a comfortable environment for exchanging ideas, making professional contacts, and exploring the new and the next in clinical laboratory medicine.
At this year’s 68th AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo, AACC also is inviting members to Tell Your Story at the new AACC Member Center. Stop by this information hub located in the main concourse just outside the Pennsylvania Convention Center expo hall and tell us how you chose lab medicine as a career. Learn what awaits you as a member. See what all AACC has to offer in advancing your career and developing professionally. Enter one of our raffles. As an added bonus, brand new members who stop by the Member Center will receive a special gift.
No matter your career stage or professional inklings, there is an AACC membership category that will suit your needs:
- Professional—For those who have earned a baccalaureate or higher degree in science who are actively involved in laboratory medicine.
- Professional Affiliate—For other professionals with an interest in laboratory medicine who want to take advantage of AACC educational, career, and networking opportunities.
- Transitional—For those who have completed under-graduate, graduate, or post graduate study within the last 24 months.
- Trainee—For those who are currently engaged in full-time educational or training activities.
- Emeritus Member—AACC emeritus members are age 65 or older, have been members in good standing for at least 20 years, and are retired from practice.
- Express Member—For laboratory science professionals from emerging economy countries and others in the healthcare industry—such as point-of-care testing professionals, medical technicians and technologists, and nurses.
The AACC Member Center will not be the only place at the 68th AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo to learn more about becoming an AACC member, explore AACC membership categories, or clarify the great member benefits AACC offers. AACC’s booth (2627) on the Pennsylvania Convention Center exhibit hall floor also will have eager AACC staff members ready to answer questions, guide you through the membership process, and give you a tour through the Artery, AACC’s members-only private online community.
The AACC booth also will have daily prize drawings, but you have to stop by to be in contention. The ever-popular photo booth also will be back—bring your colleagues and strike a pose as a fun souvenir of your time at the 68th AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo.
AACC’s new publication, The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine, also will be feted at the AACC booth, with members of the JALM editorial board there to discuss the publication and meet with potential authors. There also will be a special JALM give-away at the AACC booth.
With this and much more awaiting, come early and often to both the AACC Member Center and AACC booth, and celebrate being part of the AACC community.