This conference will focus on the preanalytical phase of laboratory testing and guide attendees through new strategies and tools to overcome preanalytical challenges. Over 1 ½ days, attendees will gain new insights and perspectives in a highly interactive learning event that includes presentations, breakout sessions, and posters.
Topics to be covered:
- Improving Processes for Specimen Ordering, Collecting and Transporting
- Solutions for Common Interferences and Sample Management (Detection and Risk Mitigation)
- Emerging Technologies in Blood Collection
- Implementing QA/QI Initiatives to Ensure Patient Safety
Who should attend
- Laboratory professionals (directors, managers, supervisors, clinical laboratory scientists)
- Clinical pathologists
- Nursing professionals
- Phlebotomy managers and supervisors
Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline: September 3, 2019
- Abstracts are invited in the following categories:
- Specimen collection and tracking
- Preanalytical quality
- Special patient population
- Factors affecting test results
- Data analytics and LIS tools
- Technological innovations and disruptive technology
Authors whose abstracts are accepted will be notified by September 13, 2019
Recognition for Top Two Abstracts
Two abstracts will be selected to be recognized and receive an award.
- 1st place: $300 and complimentary registration to the conference
- 2nd place: Complimentary registration to the conference
Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to display their abstracts as posters on Monday, November 11, 2019 with two dedicated viewing times.
To display your poster, you must register for the conference.