Deadline: March 15, 2019
AACC’s Disruptive Technology Award recognizes innovative testing solutions that improve patient care through diagnostic performance or access to high quality testing.
This year, AACC is seeking submissions from developers of precision and personalized medicine diagnostics. The winning team will receive a cash prize and the opportunity to present their technology at the 71st AACC Annual Scientific Meeting, the premier international forum for unveiling groundbreaking advances in laboratory medicine.
5 to 7 semi-finalists will receive:
- Complimentary full registrations for the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting, August 4-8, 2019 in Anaheim, where they will get valuable face time with leaders in the in vitro diagnostic industry and research communities.
- A booth in the Clinical Lab Expo hall with a prime location, along with an opportunity to present their technology on the exhibit show floor.
- A free one-year AACC membership for up to 3 team members.
3 finalists will:
- Present data on their technology in a special session on Monday, August 5, 2019 from 4:30-6 p.m. in the plenary ballroom. During this session, a panel of expert judges will evaluate all presented testing solutions based on feasibility and performance and the audience will also vote for their favorite technology.
- Receive valuable input from assigned mentors as they prepare for their presentations.
- Have the opportunity to attend AACC's invitation-only Corporate Recognition Reception after the competition, where finalists will be able to connect with leaders from top diagnostic companies.
The winner will receive:
- A cash award.
- Free AACC membership for up to 5 team members.
- Coverage by AACC.
Who Can Apply?
All technology developers are eligible regardless of company/organization size, including in vitro diagnostic vendors and academic developers. Applicants should be able to present substantial data supporting an innovative precision/personalized medicine technology that could significantly improve patient outcomes.
March 15, 2019: Application deadline.
April 24: 5 – 7 semi-finalists announced.
Late April-early May: All semi-finalists will be required to provide a brief presentation to the award organizing committee within three weeks of their selection. No shows will not be eligible to become finalists. AACC staff will contact semi-finalists to schedule their presentations.
May 15: 3 finalists announced.
Late May-July: All finalists will provide their presentation slide decks to assigned mentors for review.
August 5, 4:30-6 p.m.: All finalists will be required to present at this special session. The winner will be chosen at the end of the session.