International Membership Grants
Two-year AACC professional memberships are available to early- and mid-career clinical laboratorians from underserved areas worldwide. Each membership includes a subscription to AACC’s flagship journal Clinical Chemistry, online access to The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine, registration discounts for the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo, full access to the Artery online community, discounts on AACC webinars, and much more.
Am I Eligible?
Requirements include proof of current employment in the field of laboratory medicine and a desire to keep up with the latest advances in the field. In selecting grant recipients, preference is given to applicants in the early part of their career who also have responsibilities that would allow them to share their member benefits.
How Do I Apply?
Submit all of the following information in your application letter for consideration via email to Tife Adetunji, AACC Academy & Global Affairs Coordinator, by December 31, 2019:
- A statement indicating why you want to be a member of AACC and how membership will help you in your work as a clinical laboratorian.
- A copy of your resume (curriculum vitae).
- Your contact information, including name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- A statement indicating whether you have ever been a member of AACC and when.
- A list of your professional memberships and activities with local, national, and regional laboratory associations.
- One letter of support from a laboratory medicine professional, healthcare administrator, or leader of a local laboratory association.
- Other information that may be helpful in evaluating your application, including teaching responsibilities or other outreach information.
Please note that, if you are awarded a membership grant, you will be required to submit feedback annually on how your membership has benefited you and others in your healthcare community.