The Global Lab Quality Initiative (GLQI) comprises interrelated programs for clinical laboratory professionals and students in Latin America and Asia, including:
- On-site educational workshops
- On-demand webinars
- Translation of publications
AACC presents best practices in quality control or method verification and invites host nation speakers to discuss their country's specific guidelines and regulations.
In 2019, AACC will deliver a one-day quality control workshop and also present a symposium in Jaipur, India in conjunction with APFCB 2019.
AACC hosted 21 workshops between 2011 and 2019 in the Latin America, Caribbean, and Asia-Pacific regions:
- Cali, Colombia, in collaboration with the Colegio de Bacteriologos del Valle del Cauca
- Manila, Philippines, in collaboration with The Philippine Association of Medical Technologists, Inc.
- Colombo, Sri Lanka, in collaboration with the College of Chemical Pathologists of Sri Lanka and the Association for Clinical Biochemistry, Sri Lanka
- Kathmandu, Nepal, in collaboration with the Nepal Association for Medical Laboratory Science
- Xalapa, Mexico, in collaboration withthe Mexican Association of Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Hangzhou, China, in collaboration with the Chinese Society of Laboratory Medicine (CSLM) and Chinese Association for Clinical Laboratory Management (CACLM)
- Punta del Este, Uruguay, in collaboration with Asociación Bioquimica Uruguaya (ABU)
- San Jose, Costa Rica, in collaboration with Universidad de Ciencias Médicas (UCIMED)
- Córdoba , Argentina,in collaboration with Colegio de Bioquimicos de Córdoba (CoBiCo)
- Chongqing, China, in collaboration with the Chinese Society of Laboratory Medicine (CSLM) and Chinese Association for Clinical Laboratory Management (CACLM)
- Havana, Cuba, in collaboration with the Cuban Society of Clinical Pathology (SCPC)
- San Salvador, El Salvador, in collaboration with the Association of Professionals in Clinical Laboratory of El Salvador (COPLACES)
- Guatemala City, Guatemala, in collaboration with the Biological Chemists Association of Guatemala
- Santiago, Chile, in collaboration with Chilean Society of Clinical Chemistry
- Veracruz, Mexico, in collaboration with the Mexican College of Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Panama City, Panama, in collaboration with the Peruvian Association of Professional Clinical Laboratory
- Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia, in collaboration with the Bolivian Society of Clinical Biochemistry
- Lima, Peru, in collaboration with the Peruvian Association of Professional Clinical Laboratory
- Asuncion, Paraguay, in collaboration with the Association of Biochemists of Paraguay
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, in collaboration with the Dominican College of bioanalysts
- Quito, Ecuador, in collaboration with the Ecuadorian Society for Clinical Biochemistry (SEBIOCLI)
AACC is always working to plan new workshops and to share best practices with laboratory professionals around the world. If your clinical laboratory association would like to collaborate with AACC in bringing a workshop into your country, please write to Liezl Perez Schewe, Global Outreach Program Manager.