All webinar times are in Eastern Time except where noted. Convert your time zone.
On average, 130 Americans die every day from an overdose of opioids, the class of drugs that includes heroin, hydrocodone, codeine, morphine and fentanyl. Drug overdose is now the leading cause of accidental death in the United States. In this webinar, you will learn why your clinical laboratory is critically important in helping clinicians care for patients struggling with drug abuse. You will also learn about the advantages of using a specific urine drug screening technology that eliminates cross-reactivities with other drugs. Additionally, advantages of using oral fluid samples will be presented.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- A description of the history and depth of the Opioid Crisis.
- How to explain the importance of the clinical laboratory in the patient continuum.
- To list the advantages of using a specific urine drug screening technology to eliminate cross-reactivity with other drugs.
- How to describe the advantages of oral fluid drug testing.
- How to describe the role of LC-MS for confirmation testing of urine and oral fluids.
Alan H. B. Wu, PhD, DABCC, FAACC
Director of Clinical Chemistry and Toxicology
Department of Laboratory Medicine
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA USA