AACC offers two types of credit to meet your continuing education needs.
- ACCENT® - for clinical laboratory professionals
ACCENT® credit is for laboratory professionals who need to document their continuing education for licensure or certification maintenance. ACCENT® credit is accepted by the following organizations and states:
Continuing Medical Education (CME) – For Physicians
- American Association of Bioanalysts
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry
- American Society of Microbiology
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- American Medical Technologists
- Association of Clinical Scientists
- International Federation of Clinical Chemistry
- National Registry in Clinical Chemistry
- States of California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, and West Virginia.
AACC is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Physicians can claim credits from many AACC programs to fulfill their Part II (Life-Long Learning) Maintenance of Certification requirements.
The AACC Education Department welcomes applications to request continuing education credit for your upcoming activity. For application information, click on the links below.
Continuing Education for Professionals
If you are a professional seeking opportunities to further your education and earn continuing credits, click here.
ComACC: Commission on Accreditation in Clinical Chemistry
ComACC accredits training programs in clinical chemistry. For information about ComACC-accredited programs, click here.