The Point-of-Care Testing Research Grant of $5,000, supported by the Critical and Point-of-Care Testing (CPOCT) Division, is to fund POCT outcome studies. This grant is targeted to clinical laboratorians who need limited research funds to explore new ideas in areas where funds are not normally available.
Applications are due by March 15 for projects starting after June 1 of the same year.
How to Apply
Complete the Application for AACC Research Grants.
Applications will be evaluated using the following scientific criteria:
- Scientific significance;
- Soundness of research plan;
- Degree of achievability;
- Potential for the project to lead to further exploration beyond grant period; and
- Transferability of research findings to actual practice.
Administrative criteria used will include:
- Degree to which the research proposal is critical to the career of the applicant;
- Degree to which AACC funding is critical to the start of the project;
- Adequacy of the facility proposed; and
- Satisfactory budget.
Submit one electronic copy of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? If you have questions about the CPOCT Research Grant, please contact Education Coordinator, Kelsey Blake, at email@example.com or call (800) 892-1400 ext. 8710 or (202) 835-8710.