Criteria for Award:
- A minimum of a 10 year record of distinguished service as a Point-of-Care Director (or industry innovator) which includes a) the design, evaluation and implementation of POC testing systems, b) laboratory educational initiatives, and c) insuring the overall quality of testing at the point-of-care. This award is intended to recognize scientists and physicians with a clear track record of accomplishment in Point-of-Care testing.
Qualified candidates must also demonstrate at least 3 of the following criteria described below. Note that special consideration will be given to candidates meeting all of the following criteria.
- Experience serving in leadership roles locally, regionally, nationally and internationally in professional organizations such as AACC’s CPOCT Division and demonstrating a consistent level of excellence in leadership.
- Experience in scientific presentations and in organizing educational programs in an effort to promote the goals and objectives of Point-of-Care testing at the local, regional, national and international level.
- Board Certification or a Registry in a laboratory specialty.
- Documentation of excellence in teaching of laboratory professionals at the undergraduate, graduate, and/or post graduate level is desirable.
Note: “The CPOCT Lifetime Achievement Award for Directors of Point-of-Care Testing (Funded by Abbott Laboratories in honor of Herald Waldon,.Jr.)” requires a nomination letter from a recognized leader in POC testing along with three supporting letters, a current CV, and a brief bio outlining the candidate’s many accomplishments in POC testing on a local, regional, national, and international level
Compile your supporting letters and other documentation into one PDF document and email to the AACC CPOCT Division – Using the Subject Line: Application for The CPOCT Lifetime Achievement Award for Directors of Point-of-Care Testing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The completed packet must be received by March 15 to be considered for the current year award.