Criteria for Award:
- A minimum of a 10 year record of distinguished service as a Point-of-Care (POC) Coordinator which includes a) the evaluation and implementation of POC testing systems, b) operator educational initiatives, and c) insuring the overall quality of testing at the point-of-care. Although not required, special attention will be given to previous winners of the Point-of-Care Coordinator of the Year Award. (Note that this award may be renamed to the “International/National Point-of-Care Coordinator Award.”)
Note: Consideration for “The CPOCT Lifetime Achievement Award for Coordinators of Point-of-Care Testing (Funded by Abbott Laboratories in honor of Herald Waldon, Jr.)” requires a nomination letter from a recognized leader in POC testing along with three supporting letters, a current CV, and a brief bio outlining the candidate’s many accomplishments in POC testing on a local, regional, national, and/or international level.
Qualified candidates must also demonstrate at least 3 of the following criteria described below. Note that special consideration will be given to candidates meeting all of the following criteria.
- Experience serving in leadership roles locally, regionally, nationally and/or internationally in professional organizations such as AACC’s CPOCT Division and demonstrating a consistent level of excellence in leadership.
- Experience in scientific presentations and in organizing educational programs in an effort to promote the goals and objectives of Point-of-Care testing at the local, regional, national and/or international level.
- Evidence of published articles in the scientific literature, preferably in peer-reviewed journals.
- Evidence of participation in the CPOCT Certificate Program in Point-of-Care Testing
Compile your supporting letters and other documentation into one PDF document and email to the AACC CPOCT Division – Using the Subject Line: Application for The CPOCT Lifetime Achievement Award for Coordinators of Point-of-Care Testing email@example.com. The completed packet must be received by March 15 to be considered for the current year award.