Apply for the Health Equity and Access Division Travel Awards Today
Deadline: May 20th, 2023
The the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (formerly AACC) Health Equity & Access Division is offering two travel awards valued at $1000 each to conference attendees to offset the cost of attending the 2023 the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (ADLM) Annual Scientific Meeting.
The mission of the division is to lead in the integration, promotion, and advocacy for inclusion and diversity in advancing the global science and practice of laboratory medicine. In keeping with this mission, the awards are intended to support attendance of laboratorians and laboratorians in training who share our commitment to the advancement of equity and inclusion and who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives.
To be eligible for the award you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a member of a racialized community (visible minority)
- Have a disability
Identify as LGBTQIA and/or non-gender conforming
- Perform research focused on health disparities, equity, and diversity initiatives in lab medicine
- Both US/Canada AND International ADLM members are encouraged to apply
Please note that you will not be required to disclose your race, ethnicity, disability, gender, or sexual orientation to be considered.
To be considered for the travel awards you must submit a completed application by e-mail to Cate Omosule at [email protected] no later than May 20th, 2023. A completed application consists of:
- A statement describing experience and/or plans for advancing equity in laboratory medicine. This statement should be no longer than 500 words
- A current curriculum vitae
- One letter of reference
- Include your full name in the header of each page
- Submit all items in order in a single PDF with your Surname as the document name.
Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
Please see the ADLM Health Equity & Access Division website for more information: https://www.aacc.org/community/scientific-divisions/health-equity-and-access