The POCT Research Grant will not be offered in 2021.
The Point-of-Care Testing Research Grant of $5,000 is intended to fund POCT outcome studies. This grant is dependent upon corporate support and therefore may not be awarded annually. This grant is targeted to clinical laboratorians who need limited research funds to explore new ideas in areas where funds are not normally available.
Applications are due by March 15 for projects starting after June 1 of the same year.
How to Apply
Complete the Application for AACC Research Grants.
Applications will be evaluated using the following scientific criteria:
- Scientific significance;
- Soundness of research plan;
- Degree of achievability;
- Potential for the project to lead to further exploration beyond grant period; and
- Transferability of research findings to actual practice.
Administrative criteria used will include:
- Degree to which the research proposal is critical to the career of the applicant;
- Degree to which AACC funding is critical to the start of the project;
- Adequacy of the facility proposed; and
- Satisfactory budget.
Submit one electronic copy of your application to [email protected].
Questions? If you have questions about the CPOCT Research Grant, please send inquiries to [email protected].