Xander van Wijk, PhD
The 2016 General Research Grant was awarded to Xander van Wijk, PhD, Clinical Chemistry Fellow at University of California, San Francisco, for his project entitled "An Assay for Free and Complex Cardiac Troponin I: is there Potential Clinical Utility?"
AACC provides a small start-up grant targeted to young investigators who need limited research funds to explore new ideas in areas where funds are not normally available.
Applications are due by March 15, for projects starting after June 1 of the same year.
How to Apply
Complete the Application for Research Grant.
Applications will be evaluated using the following scientific criteria:
- Scientific significance;
- Soundness of research plan;
- Degree of achievability;
- Potential for the project to lead to further exploration beyond grant period; and
- Transferability of research findings to actual practice.
Administrative criteria used will include:
- Degree to which the research proposal is critical to the career of the applicant;
- Degree to which AACC funding is critical to the start of the project;
- Adequacy of the facility proposed; and
- Satisfactory budget.
Preference for research grants will be given to young investigators.
Submit one electronic copy of your application to email@example.com.
Questions? If you have questions about the General Research Grant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 892-1400 x 8701 or (202) 835-8701.