For laboratory medicine professionals interested in learning more about mentorship in a medical or scientific field, we recommend checking out the resources below:
- DeCastro R, Sambuco D, Ubel PA, et al. Mentor Networks in Academic Medicine: Moving Beyond a Dyadic Conception of Mentoring for Junior Faculty Researchers. Acad Med 2013;88(4):488-96.
- Kram KE, Isabela L. Mentoring Alternatives: The Role of Peer Relationships in Career Development. Academy of Management J. 1985;28:110-32.
- Leh ASC. Lessons Learned from Service Learning and Reverse Mentoring in Faculty Development: A Case Study in Technology Training. J Technology and Teacher Evaluation 2005;13(1):25-41.
- Seely EW, Kram KE, Emans SJ. Developmental Networks in Translational Science. Transl Res 2015;165(4):531-6.
- Thorndyke LE, et al. Functional Mentoring: A Practical Approach with Multilevel Outcomes. J Continuing Education in the Health Professions 2008;28:157-64.
- Travis EL, Doty L, Helitzer DL. Sponsorship: A Path to the Academic Medicine C-suite for Women Faculty? Acad Med 2013;88(10):1414-7.
- Tsen LC, Borus JF, Nadelson CC, et al. The Development, Implementation, and Assessment of an Innovative Mentoring Leadership Program to Train Faculty Mentors. Acad Med 2012;87(12):1757-61.
- Derish PA, Annesley TM. How to Write a Rave Review. Clinical Chemistry 2011;57(3):388-91.