AACC Academy's Scientific Shorts (formerly NACB Blog) is sponsored by the AACC Academy to engage clinical laboratory professionals in discussion of contemporary laboratory issues and practice and, where possible, to present solutions and best practices.
Each entry includes a written statement, information about the author, and related resources. Topics are identified by the Academy's Scientific Shorts Editorial Board and content is authored by Academy Fellows or other content experts.
Scientific Shorts are open to all laboratory professionals.
Academy Scientific Shorts Editorial Board
- Christine Snozek, Chair, PhD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Nichole Korpi-Steiner, PhD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Konstantinos Makris, PhD, KAT General Hospital, Nikea, Geece
- Jumoke Oladipo, PhD, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- Joseph Quashnock, PhD, PerkinElmer Genetics, Pittsburgh, PA
- Alina Sofronescu, PhD, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Brenda Suh-Lailam, PhD, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Danyel Tacker, PhD, West Virginia University Hospital, Morgantown, WV
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AACC and users of the blog the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
AACC owns the copyright to materials published within Scientific Shorts and asks that if you wish to quote a post that you include Scientific Shorts as the source and provide a link back to the original post. Please do not repost content, graphs, figures, or photographs from this site without permission.
Scientific Shorts is provided as a service of AACC Academy, which is the Academy of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC). AACC accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on the site by others. AACC disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted, whether posted by AACC or any third party. This disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AACC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the site.
How to Submit an Idea
The editorial board welcomes ideas and content for Scientific Shorts postings. Submissions will be reviewed by the editorial board on a monthly basis and authors whose ideas are accepted for further development will be contacted. Send your idea for a post to Stefanie Kleinman at email@example.com.