AACC Academy is open to AACC members who meet both of the following:
- doctoral level clinical scientists (PhD, MD, and equivalent)
- at least 5 years of postdoctoral experience in clinical laboratory science with recent history of two or more of the following:
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry (ABCC) or equivalent board certification
- distinguished achievements in research or education
- consistent publication of peer‐reviewed papers in clinical laboratory science
- consistent presentation (oral or poster) at clinical laboratory science related meetings
- development of curricula for clinical laboratory science‐related disciplines
- outstanding contributions to the field of clinical laboratory science
- participation in committees/boards for clinical laboratory science‐related organizations
- member of executive councils/boards for clinical laboratory science related organizations
To maintain full Fellow status, Fellows must demonstrate continued contributions to the field of laboratory medicine.
Doctoral level AACC members who do not otherwise meet the criteria described above.
Associate fellows are eligible to apply for full fellowship once they meet the above criteria.