AACC Academy fellowship is open to AACC professional members who meet two of the three criteria below:
- Clinical scientist with doctoral degree (PhD, MD, or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of postdoctoral experience in clinical laboratory science with recent history of two or more of the following:
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry (ABCC) or other acceptable board certification.
- Achievements in research or education in the field of clinical laboratory science:
- Consistent publication of peer‐reviewed papers in clinical laboratory science
- Consistent presentation (oral or poster) at clinical laboratory science related meetings
- Development of curricula for clinical laboratory science‐related disciplines
- Contributions to the field of clinical laboratory science:
- Participation in committees/boards for clinical laboratory science‐related organizations
- Member of executive councils/boards for clinical laboratory science related organizations
To maintain full fellow status, fellows must demonstrate continued contributions to the field of laboratory medicine.
Doctoral level AACC members who do not otherwise meet the criteria described above.
Associate fellows are eligible to apply for full fellowship once they meet the above criteria.