AACC Academy fellowship is open to AACC professional members who have doctoral degrees (PhD, MD, or equivalent), have at least 5 years of postdoctoral experience in clinical laboratory science, and meet two of the three criteria below:
- American Board of Clinical Chemistry (ABCC) or other acceptable board certification.
- Achievements in research or education in the field of clinical laboratory science. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Publication of peer‐reviewed papers in clinical laboratory science
- Presentation (oral or poster) at clinical laboratory science related meetings
- Development of curricula or actively teaching in the area for clinical laboratory science‐related disciplines
- Contributions to the field of clinical laboratory science. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Participation in committees/boards for clinical laboratory science‐related organizations
- Member of executive councils/boards for clinical laboratory science-related organizations
To maintain full fellow status, fellows must demonstrate ongoing contributions to the field of laboratory medicine and continue to meet the criteria above.
Doctoral level AACC members who do not otherwise meet the criteria described above.
Associate fellows are eligible to apply for full fellowship once they meet the above criteria.
Become a Fellow
Submit your application to become an AACC Academy fellow or associate fellow through our online portal: