Directing or coordinating a POCT program requires a distinct set of competencies. Laboratorians must consider the unique challenges a point-of-care environment offers, be aware of the regulatory requirements that govern the use of certain POC tests, and know the advantages and limitations of POCT technologies.
After attending this 60-minute program, viewers will be able to:
- Define point of care testing
- Describe the impact of POCT on patient care
- Differentiate between waived and non-waived testing requirements
- Describe how to evaluate and monitor the quality of POCT results
- List considerations when evaluating a request for a new POC test
(This is a recorded version of an AACC live webinar that was held October 14, 2015).