Known as the #1 bench reference for practicing microbiologists and an
excellent text for students in clinical laboratory science programs, Bailey
& Scott's Diagnostic Microbiology, 13th Edition, helps you develop and
refine the skills you need for effective laboratory testing. In-depth
information is useful and easily accessible, with step-by-step instructions for
all the procedures. This edition features more than 20 NEW chapters plus updated
material on the newest advances and the latest trends in clinical microbiology.
Written by expert Dr. Patricia Tille, this classic reference addresses the
topics and issues most relevant to you and your success on the job.
New to This Edition
- NEW! Learning objectives begin each chapter, giving
you a measurable outcome to achieve by the completing the material.
Review questions on the Evolve companion website are tied to learning
objectives, and enhance your understanding and retention of chapter content.
- NEW! Reader-friendly chapters cover groups of related
organisms rather than addressing all at once, including the parasitology,
mycology, and virology chapters.
- Hands-on procedures include
step-by-step instructions, full-color photos, and expected results, helping you
achieve more accurate results.
- Case studies give you the opportunity
to apply your skills in a variety of diagnostic scenarios and help improve your
decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- Genera and Species to be
Considered boxes highlight all of the organisms to be discussed in each chapter,
including the current name of the species as well as any previous
- Student resources on Evolve enhance your learning with review
questions and procedures.
- Convenient, easy-to-read tables summarize
- Detailed, full-color illustrations aid comprehension
and help you visualize concepts.
- A glossary of terms is found at the back of the book
for quick reference.