The best pocket drug guide yet! Rely on this handy reference for at-the-bedside guidance on the safe administration of medications to adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients, as well as pregnant and lactating women, and those with renal impairments.
Every detail is designed to make it easy for you to find the information you need - in a snap. It's small enough to fit in your pocket, but large enough to be easy to read at a glance. And you can count on it for accuracy because it's drawn from Davis's Drug Guide database.
- Nearly 600 abbreviated drug monographs, organized alphabetically by generic name, deliver all of the information essential to the safe administration of medications, including trade name, indications, drug class, pregnancy categories, contraindications, adverse drug reactions, interactions, dosing information, generic availability, monitoring information, and patient teaching.
- Very important or life-threatening information, such as FDA black box warnings or adverse drug reactions, appears in "red".
- A colored "thumb tab" makes it easy to find information quickly.
- Tables in the Appendix feature normal lab values, immunization guidelines, and more.
- Abbreviations key appears in the front of the book and at the bottom of each page.