provides essential ordering information for rare analyses that are clinically significant, yet available through only a few clinical laboratories in the country. DORA
is a proven, practical time-saver. With your copy of DORA 05-07
, you can free up the many hours you would have spent tracking down sources for rare tests.
You could try and keep track of all this information on your own, but it would take an enormous amount of your time, energy, and money to come up with a list that would probably not be nearly as comprehensive or as up-to-date. So take advantage of the many hours of work already invested in this new edition, and you'll save time, money, and aggravation!
has been completely updated to help you quickly find what you need! Compiled from a recent, comprehensive survey of clinical laboratories, DORA 05-07
tells you where to get lab work done and how to prepare specimens for:
- Unusual toxic compounds
- Metabolic and genetic diseases
- Environmental pollutants
- Specific diseases using gene probes
- Molecular tests with link to GeneTests?
- Infrequently measured drugs
- Plus other infrequently requested analyses
Now, whenever you get a request for out-of-the-ordinary analyses, you'll immediately know where to turn for the type of information you need to keep service backlogs to a minimum. Test listings include:
- Name/address of the laboratory that performs the test
- Contact person and phone number at the laboratory
- Whether special patient preparation is needed
- How to collect the specimen
- How long it will take to get results
- Any special restrictions that may apply
- Cost of the analyses
- Reference values
- Shipping instructions