Take your understanding to a whole new level with
Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let
you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more.
Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access
to all your digital books.
Look no further for quick, complete answers to questions
such as which laboratory tests to order or what the results might mean.
Laboratory Tests And Diagnostic Procedures, 5th Edition covers more tests than
any other reference of its kind, with over 900 lab tests and diagnostic
procedures in all. In Part I, you'll find a unique, alphabetical list of
hundreds of diseases, conditions, and symptoms, including the tests and
procedures most commonly used to confirm or rule out a suspected diagnosis. Part
II presents key information on virtually every laboratory and diagnostic test
available. All test entries are up-to-date, concise, complete, and consistently
presented, making this resource the perfect choice for students or practitioners
who need fast, accurate information on diagnostic tests.
New to This Edition
- 12 new test entries present the latest tests and procedures available,
including: Procalcitonin; Calcium scoring; Vascular endothelial growth
factor; Cerebral near-infrared spectroscopy; RD1 interferon assays for
tuberculosis; and OraQuick rapid HIV test.
- Larger trim size and improved design make vital information easier to
- Over 600 diseases and symptoms are listed in Part I, with the most
relevant tests identified for each.
- More than 900 laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures are included in
Part II, more than any other reference!
- Organized alphabetically, with printed A-to-Z thumb tabs that make it
easy to turn to appropriate sections in the book.
- Alternative test names and acronyms are cross-referenced to help you
quickly find what you're looking for.
- Tests for toxic substances are included, along with Panic Level Symptoms
and Treatment for dangerously elevated levels.
- Age and gender-specific norms are provided, giving you complete lifespan
- Risks and Contraindications are highlighted to help you safeguard your
patients and provide effective care.
- Minimum volumes for blood samples are included, helping you diagnose
patients for whom blood preservation is essential. You'll also see whether
blood specimens can be drawn during hemodialysis.
- Special consent form requirements are indicated for appropriate
- Guidance for client and family teaching helps you offer useful
instruction concerning test preparation and follow-up