The Global Lab Quality Initiative (GLQI) comprises interrelated programs for clinical laboratory professionals and students in Latin America and Asia, including:
- On-site Educational Workshops
- On-demand Webinars
- Translation of Publications
AACC presents best practices in quality control or method verification and invites host nation speakers to discuss their country's specific guidelines and regulations.
In 2018, AACC has partnered with the Mexican Association of Clinical Laboratory Sciences to deliver the workshop, "Verifying Assay Performance: Steps To Follow To Verify Manufacturer's Claims," in March in Xalapa, Mexico. In addition, plans are currently underway to hold three workshops in the Asia-Pacific region later this year.
AACC hosted 16 workshops between 2011 and 2017 in the Latin America and Caribbean and Asia-Pacific regions:
- Hangzhou, China, in collaboration with in the Chinese Society of Laboratory Medicine (CSLM) and Chinese Association for Clinical Laboratory Management (CACLM)
- Punta del Este, Uruguay, in collaboration with Asociación Bioquimica Uruguaya (ABU)
- San Jose, Costa Rica, in collaboration with Universidad de Ciencias Médicas (UCIMED)
- Córdoba , Argentina, in collaboration with Colegio de Bioquimicos de Córdoba (CoBiCo)
- Chongqing, China, in collaboration with the Chinese Society of Laboratory Medicine (CSLM) and Chinese Association for Clinical Laboratory Management (CACLM)
- Havana, Cuba, in collaboration with the Cuban Society of Clinical Pathology (SCPC)
- San Salvador, El Salvador, in collaboration with the Association of Professionals in Clinical Laboratory of El Salvador (COPLACES)
- Guatemala City, Guatemala, in collaboration with the Biological Chemists Association of Guatemala
- Santiago, Chile, in collaboration with Chilean Society of Clinical Chemistry
- Veracruz, Mexico, in collaboration with the Mexican College of Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Panama City, Panama, in collaboration with the Peruvian Association of Professional Clinical Laboratory
- Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia, in collaboration with the Bolivian Society of Clinical Biochemistry
- Lima, Peru, in collaboration with the Peruvian Association of Professional Clinical Laboratory
- Asuncion, Paraguay, in collaboration with the Association of Biochemists of Paraguay
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, in collaboration with the Dominican College of bioanalysts
- Quito, Ecuador, in collaboration with the Ecuadorian Society for Clinical Biochemistry (SEBIOCLI)
AACC is always working to plan new workshops and to share best practices with laboratory professionals around the world. If your clinical laboratory association would like to collaborate with the AACC in bringing a workshop into your country, please write to Liezl Perez Schewe, Global Outreach Program Manager.