The objectives of the Personalized Medicine Division include:
- Become the key laboratory medicine group focused on Personalized Medicine (PM). Promote the concepts and current and potential contributions of PM to laboratory medicine and patient care.
- Build a division dedicated to PM that complements the interests of other Divisions that already have a PM component. Serve as a resource for other the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (formerly AACC) entities, programs and publications for issues relating to PM including Lab Tests Online. Collaborate with the Evidence Based Laboratory Medicine group of the Association for Diagnostics & Laboratory Medicine (ADLM) and other groups to encourage evidence-based medicine analyses for PM applications already in use or entering clinical practice.
- Develop and present educational programming on PM within the ADLM, including sessions at the Annual Meeting, webcasts, and stand-alone meetings including topics such as implementing testing to support PM, regulatory and reimbursement issues impacting PM.
- Establish and maintain a PM division website that includes a repository of peer-reviewed and other PM application information as a resource for ADLM and non-ADLM website visitors.
- On behalf of ADLM, and with the approval of its leadership, collaborate with selected diagnostic-oriented (laboratory and imaging) and disease-oriented organizations who are active in PM; with therapeutics and diagnostics manufacturers; and with clinical and pharmacological organizations.
Join the Personalized Medicine Division group on ADLM Artery to network, share ideas, research, and best practices with your Division peers. Artery is a private social community accessible only to ADLM members. To enhance your connections with other ADLM members, you can also visit the Open Forum.
The Division provides a forum designed to promote communication and community among members who are seeking ideas, experience, education or publications on the topic of Personalized Medicine.