Any AACC member or group of members, such as a local section, division, or committee, may submit award nominations. AACC also considers nominations from nonmember individuals and organizations.
Nominations must include the following:
- a letter containing an evaluation and appraisal of the nominee's accomplishments related to the award
- a minimum of three and maximum of five letters of support detailing the nominees accomplishments related to the award
- the nominee's curriculum vitae
- a list of the nominee's publications and patents (if applicable); this information may be in the curriculum vitae
Please submit one complete set of nominating materials by email. The nomination deadline is December 31; incomplete nomination packages will not be considered.
The following awards require additional nomination package components:
- AACC-AACC Academy Award for Outstanding Contributions To Clinical Chemistry In A Selected Area Of Research: The nomination letter must include a list of the nominee's most important publications (maximum of ten); note the full list of publications or patents should be in the CV.
- Young Investigator Award: The nomination letter must include an evaluation of the originality of the candidate's contributions. The nominee must have been the principal investigator or author of the research publications, rather than one of many collaborators.
- The AACC Edwin F. Ullman Award for Technology Innovation: Nominations must include a list of the nominee's most important publications or patents (maximum of 10); note the full list of publications or patents should be in the CV. This award is given in odd years only.
Previous AACC award recipients may be nominated for an additional award, if the candidate has made significant contributions in a different area that warrant such consideration. A previous recipient may also be nominated for the same AACC Award if that individual has made additional outstanding contributions in the same area. Members of the Awards Committee are not eligible for an AACC Award during their tenure on the committee. AACC officers are eligible to receive AACC Awards during their term of office.
The AACC Awards Committee reviews all nominations and selects award recipients in February of each year. Those who nominated individuals who were not selected will be notified shortly thereafter; however, individuals who wrote letters of support will not be notified.
Full and complete nominations may be submitted any time during the year, but the final deadline is December 31 of the year prior to the year for which the individual is being nominated.
If you have questions or need more information about AACC Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free 800.892.1400 x 8713 or 1.202.835.8713.